Where to begin?

The financial aid process can be a confusing endeavor. Student Financial Services is committed to making the financial aid process as transparent and understandable as possible. The information listed below will assist students and parents in making sense of the process. If you should have further questions, please feel free to contact us. All of our pertinent contact information is available on the bottom of this page.

General Requirements

General Requirements
Dependency/Independency Criteria
The Process
Disbursement and Delivery of Aid
Pursuing a Graduate Certificate?


International Students

International students are not eligible for federal, state, and institutional loans and grants. International students are eligible to receive scholarships. More information is available from International Programs.

Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID

How to Create an FSA ID: Click Here for a helpful handout.

If you are a student, parent, or borrower and you’re logging in to a U.S. Department of Education (ED) website – like fafsa.gov, the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) at nslds.ed.gov, studentloans.gov, studentaid.gov, and Agreement to Serve (ATS) atteach-ats.ed.gov – you will be asked to create new log-in credentials known as the FSA ID.

The FSA ID – a username and password – benefits you in four ways:

  • It removes your personally identifiable information (PII), like your Social Security number, from your log-in credentials
  • It creates a more secure and efficient way to verify your information when you log in to access to your federal student aid information online
  • It gives you the ability to easily update your personal information, like your phone number, e-mail address, or your name
  • It allows you to easily retrieve your username and password by requesting a secure code be sent to your e-mail address or by answering challenge questions

Creating an FSA ID is simple and only takes a few minutes. You will have an opportunity to link your current Federal Student Aid PIN to your FSA ID. Doing so allows you to use your newly created FSA ID almost immediately to log in to the five ED websites listed above. Even if you have forgotten your FSA PIN or do not have one, you can still create an FSA ID.

For more information about the FSA ID, please visit studentaid.gov/fsaid.