A revision request is usually submitted because you have certain unanticipated expenses. An approved revision request increases your cost of attendance which in turn may then be funded by additional loan funding (if eligible). Listed below are the various types of requests that may be made. Each title, when clicked, will expand to show the description of the topic that may be reviewed.
Requested revisions can be submitted on the form "Revision Request Form - FE " which is available online here, from this PDF, by obtaining a form at our office in Lighty 380 or your regional campus Financial Aid Office. The submission of a Revision Request does not guarantee an adjustment will be made either to your cost of attendance or to your financial aid package.
- You may claim a one-time cost for a computer purchased (hardware and/or software) for educational purposes.
- Attach your receipt for the recently purchased computer or a printout of an on-line or in-store estimate. Computer costs may only be met with loan funds (Stafford, Grad PLUS, Parent PLUS, or a private/alternative loan) depending upon your eligibility.
- The maximum allowable increase to your budget to cover this expense is $1,750 (unless extenuating circumstances can be documented by your department).
- This is a one-time only WSU adjustment. You can only complete this form using the pdf form listed above.
Grade Level Change
If your class standing (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate) has recently changed, your award package may be eligible for an adjustment. You can complete this component online here or with the paper form linked above.
If you're a non-resident graduate student without an assistantship or tuition waiver, you may request to have your budget adjusted to reflect this and to be considered for additional loan funding. You can complete this online here or using the paper form linked above.
If you have special fees charged to your student account, you may request a budget adjustment to increase your total cost of attendance to account for these extra charges. Eligible charges are items such as the WSU medical insurance, Winter Session, and fees related to specific courses/sessions. You can request this online here or using the paper form listed above.
Books and Supplies
- If you have costs for books and supplies that are over the amount budgeted for your specific financial aid award, you may request a revision to your financial aid award.
- Documentation: You must provide documentation in the form of receipts to our office. You may include costs associated with your thesis or dissertation. (Your costs must be more than $468 per semester if you're an undergraduate to qualify). You'll need to submit the paper form linked above with your documentation.
- If you commute to class, you may request a revision to your financial aid award to account for these expenses. Please provide the number of miles that you drive each day to make one round trip to and from school and the number of days per week that you make this commute. Car payments will not be considered.
- You can request this type of revision online here or using the paper form listed above.
- We will consider increases to a student's transportation budget for automobile repairs, etc. provided the automobile is the primary vehicle for attending classes during periods of enrollment. The maximum amount the budget can be increased to is $3,500 for the year or $1,750 for the semester. (Your costs must be more than $717 per semester to qualify).
- To request a revision due to your unusually higher rent/mortgage, your cost must be more than $736 per month but not to exceed $916. Utilities, phone bills, and cable costs will NOT be considered.
- The rent/mortgage expense will be divided equally between all those listed on the lease/mortgage.
- The maximum allowable amount for rent expenses is $916 per month. Higher expenses will not be funded.
Work Study to Loan Conversion
You can request your work-study award be converted to a loan if you have eligibility. If you are currently using work-study funds, please attach or submit a letter from your employer stating the last date you will be earning said funds. You can request this revision online here or using the paper form listed above.
Students who have indicated that they have dependents on the FAFSA may be eligible for a budget increase. Form Child Care Verification for the Academic Year - 36 is used to verify actual costs that a student may have.